Friday, June 4, 2010

Favorite VSN Cards

Here is the last batch of VSN cards I made, and I really think my favorites are in this group!

Challenge 13 was to use watercolors or watercolor pencils, and to incorporate lots of brown!  I for one love pink and brown together, even though I'm not a fan of pink.  This cherry blossom stamp is another that has never been inked.  I really should be ashamed of myself, shouldn't I?!?  If you look close, there is a little touch of cream Flowersoft in the middle of each blossom.

The 14th challenge was to be inspired by Singing In The Rain.  My thinking went like this:  Singing in the rain -> singers talking about rain -> this quote by Bob Dylan.  "Some people fell the rain, others just get wet!"  This stamp is from Rubber Romance, and I thought she worked well with the quote.  The other half of the quote is inside the card, as you can see I also carried over the patterned paper to inside the card.

Challenge 15 was to incorporate some sort of water onto your card, it could even be in the form of snowflakes or water in a fishbowl or flower vase, or even a bathtub!  Of course, actual "water scenes" were included as well.  I added a few tiny little seashells to this instead of brads, and used some twine to balance the card out.  I think this card took 15 minutes, including the inking and the sponging!

Challenge 16 was to use the baby wipe technique.  With this, you use either a baby wipe or moist paper towel and your reinkers to make an inkpad.  This was actually supposed to be teal and green with a little bit of brown, but it looks more like brown and green and absolutely NO teal!  Still, I had fun with this!  I made my inkpad and used it to stamp my dragonfly, then used the inkpad direct to paper to create the background.

Challenge 17 was something I've never tried before, coloring a background stamp with markers and then misting it with water.  To top it off, we were to stamp it on vellum!  I thought I would totally botch this one, and I'm surprised at how well it turned out!  I learned a lot from this technique, namely when it comes to water, more is not necessarily better!  This time I did need a smidge more water than i used, but I was still surprised at how clearly it stamped!

The final challenge was to dust off something old rom your stash!  Even though I had already used so many stamps I had never inked up, I still have A LOT more to go!  This stamp set has been in the back of my stamp basket for ages, and I've always intended to use it just to play with my flower soft.  I kept he card small and simple so the imae would really pop.  I did pull out my oldest bottle of stickles (which I'd also never used) to add some glam to the dragonfly, and the black mats are from scraps from the store before it closed.

I'm actually pretty surprised that I managed to finish all 18 challenges!  I think a lot of it had to do with a very generous upload deadline and a four day weekend!  I had so much fun with this, I might just try hostessing next time!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!