Wednesday, June 2, 2010

VSN Cards - Batch Two

Here is a second batch of cards I made for VSN, I figured I'd better spread them out a little bit! ;)

Challenge number eight was to incorporate flowers onto your card, either with a stamp, embellishment, or patterned paper.  Easy, right?  I've had this image stamp on my shelf staring at me for at least six months.  I actually move it every time I go into one of my drawer units on my shelf, and I have never inked it!  I gave this just a little wash of color since the paper is so bold and bright, and I included a little flower charm to the twine to the left.

The ninth challenge was to make some sort of home made flower, either by punching, die cutting, fussy cutting, ribbon, tissue paper, whatever.  I actually bought a pretty trashed paperback book of French poetry just for this purpose... about six months ago!  I'm not real happy with how the card turned out.  I love the flowers, and I love the image, but the rest seems kinda empty.  The image is much prettier in real life, and there's a little bit of glitter pen at the edges of her parasol.

Challenge number ten was to make a Spring themed bookmark, or a card that includes a bookmark.  I've never tried this technique before, and this was the first time I inked up this stamp!  I know, I know, I need a 12-step program.  One of my favorite things about Spring is finally being able to comfortably take my book outside, so I realy enjoyed this challenge!  Here is the front of the card:

And here is the bookmark portion!  I used my piercing tool to "perforate" the score line so the bookmark would be easy to take off.  I also made sure my brads were pretty flat, so they didn't rub off on the pages of the book.

Challenge number eleven was a toughie for me.  We were to make a card to represent the transition from Winter to Spring, either by changing the color, texture, or image going across the card.  I had to let this idea marinate in the back of my mind while I ran errands that day.  I mentioned it to the hubs, and he's actually the one who suggested a bicycle!  I love that man!  I'm not particularly fond of this card, but I thought I did pretty well with the challenge!  There are three colors of flower soft for Winter, Summer, and Autumn, and I thought the sentiment went with the whole "through the seasons" motif.

The twelfth challenge was also a doozie for me.  We were to make a curtain as a feature on our card!  They let us know before hand that we should have a 6x6 piece of fabric handy for the challenges.  I was thinking we'd be making fabric flowers or something like that.  I had a funky piece of fabric and some coordinating paper all picked out, and SURPRISE!!  This was actually pretty fun to do!  I even sent the hubs on a scavenger hunt to find something for my curtain rod!  I managed to make my own window frame using my Nesties, and although it's hard to see there is a little touch of green on the tree branches through the window!

I'm amazed that I managed to get each of these cards done within the 45 minute time period!  I have a kichen timer here to make sure I stay within the timeline, and it only went off once all weekend!  I had forgotten to turn it off when I was done with my card, so it really scared the heck outta me when I was cleaning up!  I'll be back Friday with the rest of the cards I did.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!