Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Finally Finished!!!

I FINALLY finished the second curtain for my living room window!  It's only been sitting on my kitchen table since last Christmas! 

I picked up this lovely fabric from Hancock about three years ago.  They were having an unadvertised sale on Home Decor fabrics at 75% off, so I picked up 10 yards of it!  I knew I wanted it to be in the living room, but had no idea what style of curtain I wanted, so it sat behind a door for over a year.  I finally pulled it out before Christmas last year and figured out a pattern based on some drapes I had seen online.  The first curtain turned out beautifully!  Unfortunately, I could NOT get myself to make the second one!  The pieces were even already cut out, all I had to do was iron and sew it up! 

Well, I sat down last night to finally start working on it, since we'll have a house full of company for Thanksgiving.  It was either finish the second curtain, or take down the first one so the window didn't look lopsided!  I hemmed up the first edge, and went to iron the seam, and promptly MELTED the fabric.  *sigh*  It's also not the first time I've melted the fabric.  The bolt sat in the direct line of a space heater two winters ago, and it melted a lovely triangle through about 3 layers of fabric.  This would be why my Dining Room curtain is a Roman Shade instead of drapes!

 So then I cut ANOTHER piece, and started over.  This is why I bought ten yards of it!!  Anyway, to make a short story long, the curtain is finally done!  Now I can go to bed and get some rest for tomorrows mayhem!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!