Monday, December 6, 2010

12 Trendy Days of Christmas - Day Eight




Today's trend is Heirloom Ornaments!  When I heard the theme, the first thing I thought of was the ornaments we had on our tree when I was growing up.  I remember we had this glass bird that I had to be very careful with that clipped to the tree branch!

Our bird was actually in these colors, this pretty turquoise and green, so I had a lot of fun with this card!  I kept the design pretty simple so the bird would be the focal point.

I stamped the bird in StazOn on a transparency, then used Crystal Lacquer on the back and some Martha Stewart glitter to add some bling to the bird.  Then I pressed it onto some white cardstock and cut the image out.  It's hard to tell, but I used my silver leafing pen on the back of the transparency for the beak, tail, and clip.  I think if I do this technique again with this image, I'll use silver glitter instead, since it has so much more visual texture.  Head on back to Kim's Blog to check out the other eye candy!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!