Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Trendy Days of Christmas - Day Seven



Todays trend at For The Love of Paper is Burlap!  I've seen a lot of Christmas decorations that have burlap lately, especially coupled with bling and velvet!  I like that shabby chic look, very home-spun!


I pulled out this fun image from Inkadinkado, since it has always seemed very shabby chic to me.  The papers are from a DCWV paper stack, and the card base and mats are from my stash.  For my burlap embellishment I sprayed a piece of linen from my cross stitching stash with a quick drying spray starch, then used my heating tool to dry the fabric more quickly. 


I found that placing a piece of scrap cardstock under the linen when I ran it through my Cuttlebug made for a cleaner cut with my Spellbinders die.  The spray starch kept the linen from fraying, and then I topped the two-layered flower with a button from CTMH.  A simple bit of twine threaded through the button finished it off!  I sponged all the layers with CTMH Chocolate and colored in the image with Prismas.

Head back over to Kimberly's blog to check out the other samples!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!