Wednesday, February 3, 2010

GDT Patchwork Heart

Woohoo!  Here is my first sample for my Guest Designer position over at Scrap Our Stash!

I'm excited to finally be able to share it with you!  The challenge for February is to use 10 of something; 10 brads, 10 buttons, 10 shapes, or any combination that adds up to 10.  I used 10 paper scraps to piece my heart!  I've had these scraps leftover from a project I did for my sister a year ago.  It was a BoBunny kit for altering a 6x6 book and I did a mini wedding album for her out of it.  Anyone who knows me knows I have a problem with scraps.  As in "I need a 12-step program" kind of problem!  I have a hard time throwing anything away, if it's smaller than 1" I'll punch shapes out of it, and if it's larger it goes into my scrap system.  I actually have a confession to make: when I had a friend over for a scrappy weekend, I actually went through all the scraps she tossed and saved them!  There was a LOT of paper in there!! :)

There were actually 5 different patterned papers that I used, so you see the fronts and backs of each design.  I cut the scraps into 1 1/4 inch squares, inked all the edges, then pieced them together on a scrap piece of paper.  I ran the whole thing through my Cuttlebug to cut out the heart, then inked the edges of the heart.  The solid red was cut using the Labels 8 set from Nestabilities, and then embossed using the D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder.  I used my sponge dauber and inked the swirls on the red to make them stand out, and also inked the edges of the entire piece.  The sentiment is embossed with the With Love Cuttlebug border set, then also inked.  Yes, I realize I probably need a 12-step program for my inking addiction, too. 

Come join us over at Scrap Our Stash and play along!  We'd love to see your creations!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!