Here are a few of the cards I did for the VSN Challenges over the weekend. Oh I had so much fun with these! Now, I'm being brave and showing the good, the bad, AND the ugly, so be kind! ;)
The second challenge was to make a card using the Serigraph technique. With this technique, you use your brayer to layer on three colors of ink, and you also emboss an image in white before brayering on the darkest color. I thought it was a really interesting technique, but I know now to be more careful in my color choices, since this turned out pretty muddy. I've had this image stamped and colored for about two weeks now, so it was about time I built a card around it! The purples on this really do match in real life, honest!
tutorial at Splitcoast. The challenging part was to somehow texture the flowers without using patterned paper. I had made these tissue paper flowers a couple weeks ago, so this one went together pretty quickly.
i[heart}papers called Mint Motif. I think this is my new go-to set for sentiments! I also made this ribbon flower, which was a new technique for me. The lace is something I've had on my table for weeks now and I bought it specifically to make flowers! The paper is also new, it's out of a paper packet that I've never even opened! I swear, every day is like Christmas in my scrap room!