Monday, May 31, 2010

A Few VSN Challenge Cards

Here are a few of the cards I did for the VSN Challenges over the weekend.  Oh I had so much fun with these!  Now, I'm being brave and showing the good, the bad, AND the ugly, so be kind! ;)

The second challenge was to make a card using the Serigraph technique.  With this technique, you use your brayer to layer on three colors of ink, and you also emboss an image in white before brayering on the darkest color.  I thought it was a really interesting technique, but I know now to be more careful in my color choices, since this turned out pretty muddy.  I've had this image stamped and colored for about two weeks now, so it was about time I built a card around it!  The purples on this really do match in real life, honest!

Challenge number three was to make a flower pot card using the tutorial at Splitcoast.  The challenging part was to somehow texture the flowers without using patterned paper.  I had made these tissue paper flowers a couple weeks ago, so this one went together pretty quickly.

The fourth challenge was a color challenge, using So Saffron, Kraft, and Cameo Coral.  Now, I have an AWESOME SU! lady who made me a color wheel of all the current colors.  I woulda been really winging it if I didn't have that to point me in the right direction for this one!  This one went together pretty quickly.  The yellow and pink pieces were all actually scraps from my Tower o'Scraps!

Challenge number five was to use Versamark ink on your card, and we could use clear embossing powder only.  I've made a similar card to this one before, but only because I love Love LOVE this stamp set!  And I also have a ton of this paper. ;)

The sixth challenge was to try something new!  You were to use a new product (even if it had been in your stash for several months) or to try a new technique.  I actually did both! The sentiment stamp is from the new line from i[heart}papers called Mint Motif.  I think this is my new go-to set for sentiments!  I also made this ribbon flower, which was a new technique for me.  The lace is something I've had on my table for weeks now and I bought it specifically to make flowers!  The paper is also new, it's out of a paper packet that I've never even opened!  I swear, every day is like Christmas in my scrap room!

Challenge number seven was to include some sort of baby critters on your card, to incorporate the color green, and to carry over the critters onto your envelope if you made a card.  I've had this set for almost a year, and I've never inked it up!  Isn't that sad?  The papers are all scraps out of my tower, and even the stamped panel was already cut and had the corners rounded!  I thought the pup would be cute with a Scooby-like tag on his collar, and then I carried the brads over to the top of the card as well.

Well, I'll be back with more pics on Wednesday.  Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!