Monday, February 7, 2011

I Hear Voices!

My challenge for this weekend's VSBN was inspired by the song I Hear Voices by Chris Young .  You can find it here.

My challenge was to document advice given to you when you were younger that has held true through your adult life, or to celebrate something you heard as a child that you still use in your family today!  I wanted to document some of the ways my Sister-in-Law has inspired me as I've grown up.  I have known her since I was a child, and would spend a week with her and my brother every summer when I was a teenager.  She always has a project or two going on, and has some AMAZING concoctions in the kitchen! 

The journaling is hidden on the tabs to the right; you know I love my hidden journaling!  One of the tabs reads:

When I was barely a teenager she said something that I would come to cherish in later years. She said to me, 'Why would I be kinder to a stranger than I would be to my own husband?' Many years later I realized how important this idea really was. I try to treat everyone in my life with kindness every day... and my marriage is definately better for it!
 The papers are all from Basic Grey's Kioshi paper pack, and the letters are my favorite Clove cardstock.  The bird is a sticker from the Kioshi pack, and I used a SU! punch for the branches.  A little bit of Chocolate CTMH ink distressing to round the whole thing out, and Voila!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!