Friday, August 27, 2010

VSN is Here!!

The August VSN officially kicked off tonight at 6:00 EST! Here is the card I did as a sample for my challenge:

My challenge was Lets Go Camping!  When I think of Summertime, my favorite memories are of going camping and fishing with my Dad. Now, we never caught very much, but we had a lot of fun doing it! We also camped in all sorts of environments, from the woods in Kentucky, to the canyons in Utah, to the Nevada Desert! Luckily, I married a man who also likes to camp, so this is one activity that we can do together. There's nothing like being trapped in the woods to stimulate some real conversation! LOL

Here were my requirements:

Nature - think of all the things you see out in the woods (or desert!)
Masculine colors - you rarely see a pink tent in the woods!
Twine - think tent lines, fishing line, clothes lines
Hardware - tent stakes and zippers, fishhooks and battered frying pans
Distressing - everything gets dirty when you camp, but that's half the fun when you're a kid!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!