Friday, September 24, 2010

Bling-y Birthday Card

Wow!!  I gotta get up at 5 a.m. more often, my Mojo was in full swing this morning!

This little chickie is Friday from The Greeting Farm's Creeper Crew.  I just LOVE this stamp!  Not sure why this is the first time I've inked it up!  The Bling Fairy had a birthday this week, and since I was having a Mojo-slump I had a hard time getting inspired to put together a really awesome card for her.  Having downed a half a pot of coffee by 6:30 a.m. certainly was inspiring!!

I stamped her in VersaFine Onyx and used my Prismas and OMS to color her in.  I used a glitter pen on her belt, and a silver ink pen on her pants/shoes, necklace, and barette.  I added some Crystal Lacquer to her barette and necklace, and the niftiest thing happened when I did that!  I used my paper piercer to get the crystal lacquer into all the corners on her barette, and when I did that some of the silver ink actually LIFTED UP and mixed with the crystal lacquer!!  It looks like there's a little silver swirl in the barette, very cool!!  I did wait until the ink was good and dry before I added the crystal lacquer, but I think next time I'll add it when the ink's wet so I can try to reproduce the swirl!

I also used my two new favorite tools on this card: my brand new, super sweet, awesomely nifty iRock, and a silver leafing pen!  Just a note on the leafing pen: go to the Hardware store to buy it, since at the Craft stores it's about $4 MORE for the same stinkin pen!!  I have a ton of chipboard that is bare, not the white coated stuff that you can ink up easily, and the bare stuff took the leafing pen beautifully!  I did two coats on this for a little added shine, but it could easily have done with just a single coat.  The single coat gives it more of an antique feel, where two coats has a lot more shine.  The sentiment is from my favorite go-to set, Mint Motif's Very Square Sentiments.  I topped it off with some Prima Flowers and a little iRock bling, and here ya go!  I actually love this card and may have to make another for myself!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!