Monday, September 6, 2010

Sea Stained Glass

I decided to try something a little different to ink up the last two stamps in this set.  I saw the Try A New Technique challenge for last week over at Splitcoast and decided to give it a try!

The technique is Sparkly Stained Glass and Beate did a tutorial here.  To do the technique, stamp an open image onto a transparency using Staz-On or Palette Ink.  I used Saddle Brown Staz-On for my image.  Then once the ink is dry, flip the transparency over and use clear glue and glitter to color in the image!  I thought this turned out pretty awesome!  I cut a frame out of the Clove cardstock using my Nesties, and then used my 2-Way glue pen to glue the transparency to the frame, and then used more glue where it would be hidden by the frame to glue on the blue background piece. 

I used glitter glue for this card, and I would definately recommend NOT doing that in the future.  The glitter isn't very consistent in the glue I used, so I had to use a LOT of it to get even coverage behind the image.  I had to do a second coat with the glitter glue just to fill in the empty spots from the first coat.  Using clear glue and loose glitter would work better because you have more control over how much glitter you get in a small area.  Also, by having less glue, you can adhere the whole thing to your backing piece without worrying about extra glue smooshing out the sides of the glittered image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!