Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summertime Lighthouses

Here is another card I made for the VSN last weekend:

The challenge was to use your childhood summer vacations as inspiration for a card.  I can remember going to Point Loma in California when I was a kid.  There's a lot of family history at that lighthouse, going all the way back to when my grandparents were courting (I think.)

I decided to try to use every stamp in this set for the VSN Challenges, and this one works so well as a main focal point image that the card really didn't need much more!  The tiny little shells in the bottom corner are from a necklace I cannibalized from Hawaii, and I love how they have the little detail swirl on them!  The base is a piece of linen cardstock, and I think it really picked up the ink beautifully from the sponging.  The blue matting is scraps from my stash, and the striped paper is more of the Back Country paper I used on the Camping card for VSN.  The papers and this stamp set just seem to go so well together!  Very beachy with just a touch of masculine. 

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!