I finally saved up enough cash to get my first set of Copics! They arrived yesterday, and I've been doing a little bit of experimenting with them. Aren't they pretty??
I inked up this fun stamp and used some generic cardstock to do some playing around. I tried a few different techniques, and I definately learned quite a bit! My first bit of advice would be to work in VERY small areas; it's easier to blend the colors before the ink totally dries. I also learned that as much as I love my VersaFine ink, it tends to feather with Copics! I tried a few different color combos too, as you can see on the one pink-ish petal. I also started with the darkest color on that petal, and starting with the lightest color works much better.
Here's a close up where you can see the shading. Unfortunately, you can also see one petal where I dropped one of the markers! Yeah, that didn't work out so well!
You can see my progress in my practicing, too. I started with the leaves, and as you can see they are pretty blocky. Then I did the pink flowers. and those are a little less chunky-looking. Finally I did the orange flowers and started with the lightest color first (an AHA! moment) and those blended very nicely! I can definately see more coloring in my future!