Monday, January 31, 2011

A Night at the Oscars

Here is the layout I did for the first VSBN Challenge on Saturday.  The JoyceAnn's challenge was a great primer to get us all back into the Groove of scrapping again!  The challenge was to start with two or three photos, pick two main colors and one accent color, find two patterned papers in those two main colors.  Then you were to include a title, embellishments in odd numbers, and a journaling block. 


The journaling block I used is from My Minds Eye (I think) and the flower embellishments are stamped with the Aspiration set from CTMH.  I stamped each one twice and cut them out, then curled the petals of the top flower over a pencil and added some liquid pearls to each one.  I wanted to bring out the little touch of rose that is in my dress.  The photos are from the "Oscar Night" we had when I was in 8th grade for our Drama Club.  I won Best Actress in a Comedy for my role in Oliver Twisted.  The play itself was a hoot and these were the only photos I had that were even remotely related!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. CAN NOT Believe that is you!!
    Just stopping in to say that we just love your blog & nominated you for the Stylish blogger Award!
    Guidelines for accepting (if you choose to) as well as the button can be found at http://adamstrinity.blogspot.com/2011/02/our-first-award.html
    ~Reba www.adamstrinity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!