Monday, January 3, 2011

What is Simple?

After much deliberation, I finally decided on my 2011 One Little Word:

Simple

We did a lot of closet cleaning and purging over the Christmas holiday.  We brought an entire truckload to Goodwill, and two loads of Electronic Detritus to Best Buy's e-cycle program.  And you know what?  It felt gooooooood!  It was almost like taking a mental deep breath, knowing that we had some clear space and a couple more things knocked off our To Do list. 

Between that and Rachel Anne's post over at Home Sanctuary today, it really got me to thinking about what I want for my home and my family.  I walked through the house looking at things still on my To Do list, cupboards that are full, drawers that need to be sorted, things that need to go on Ebay.  I realized my favorite room in the entire house is my Living Room, because there was nothing in there on my To Do list!  I like that room because the decorations are pretty minimal, there isn't a lot of Schtuff all over every flat surface, and my eyes and mind definately have a place to rest.  It's relaxing to be in there, and I want my entire house to feel that way. 

I want to bring my life to a level of simplicity where I can get back to enjoying life's little spontaneous pleasures, rather than worrying about a never-ending To Do list.  I want to simplify my finances, my posessions, my hobbies, my collections.  I want to cull things down to honor what I'm truely passionate about, and pass on the excess to those in need.  I want to be able to get my home Company Ready in 15 minutes or less, without having to unbury the dining room table!  I want to feel that same sense of peace, not only in my living room, but in every room on my home.  I want my home to be a Sanctuary.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!