Yay! I finally finished something on my To Do list. I picked up a copy of Kaisercraft's quarterly magazine last weekend, and in it they showed a project with their 9-drawer organizer that was oh so lovely! I've had one assembled (and stuffed full) on my work desk for ages, and the magazine inspired me to finally finish it!
Go figure, I ran out of pearls for the last two drawers, so I can definately see a trip to Michael's in my near future! Here's a closeup of one of the drawers.
I started out by covering the back of each drawer with a 4" x 6" strip, cutting the bottom excess to allow for wrapping the paper around the bottom. Then I held a 4" x 11 1/2" strip to the front and traced around the finger pull, cut it out, and adhered it to the front of each drawer. Here's a closeup of the seams.
I used my handy-dandy emery board to file off the excess from the top edge, rather than trimming the paper with my craft knife. I used the knife on the first drawer, and did NOT like the result. I found the emery board made for a more even edging and softened the seams of the paper. Filing it makes it harder to peel away the paper from the edge of the cardboard. The papers are also from Kaisercraft and from the Rustic Craft line. The palest orange/creamy color matches my walls to a T, and the two patterns are actually two sides of the same sheet! Once I've figured out what I'm keeping in each drawer I will print out labels for the little bookplates on the fronts.