Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Black & Pink Birthday

I recieved an awesome compliment this weekend. A few years ago I was given my first gift of hand made cards by my niece. I had never received a hand made card before, and was completely oblivious of the world of stampin! Seems so long ago, but it was only a few years back. Well, needless to say, that got me interested in the whole process and the rest is history! Well, this same neice asked me to make cards for HER! Granted, she has an almost-two-year-old and no time really to stamp, but still! It made my day!

Anywhoo, I was having fun playing with the pink fabric paper last night, and happened to still have my scraps out, so here is what I came up with!

I used this sketch at SCS, and tried to keep things pretty simple. I had a hard time getting the skirt to stamp clearly with no blotchy parts, so I pulled out the VeraFine since it's a thicker ink. I think it turned out pretty well!

I used these items:

Be Yourself - Close To My Heart SOTM
VersaFine Ink - Black
Basic Gray cardstock - SU!
Pink fabric paper - stash
Swirl Paper - paper stack (not sure which)
Silver Pearls - Recollections
Black card base

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!