Monday, December 14, 2009

Sneak Peek - Auction Card 2

Here is a sample of the second set of cards I'm doing for the auction at work:


I used this sketch over at SCS, it's one of my favorites. The patterned paper is Basic Grey - Wassail. Believe it or not, I actually had enough scraps to make 10 cards! Both the green and the cream panels are the back sides of two of the Wassail papers. I added the flourish stamp to the cream panel, because it just needed a little extra something to tie in the green. The solid green matting is also out of my scraps, and the paper I stamped on is the back side to some hideous stationary I inherited. I think it turned out pretty well!


First I stamped the sentiment in New England Ivy and embossed it in clear. Then I stamped the tree on the far left in New England Ivy, and second generation stamped the tree on the far right immediatly after. Next I stamped the tree in the middle in Olive, and finally the tree "behind" the leftmost tree in Garden Green. I distressed the edges in Garden Green, and also used my dauber to create the hazy shading around the trees and sentiment. I added a little Polar White Flower Soft to the leftmost tree to give it some extra oompf. I had tried glitter and stickles and even mica flakes; nothing looked right! I do like the Polar White FS, because it's not really "white." It's more of a clear, which is great because it doesn't overpower the green of the trees or clash horribly with the creams in the card.

I used these items:

Forest of Trees from Flourishes
Basic Grey - Wassail paper
CTMH Inks - Garden Green, Olive, and New England Ivy
Clear embossing powder
Flower Soft - Polar White
Antique Copper brads
Solid green cardstock from my scrap stash
Clove card bases - these were pre-cut, so do they count as scraps? ;)

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This card is BEAUTIFUL!! You may be commissioned to creating my Christmas cards next year!!! Nice work, Diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did your stamping! The white is just perfect on the tree. Thanks for sharing at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I commented on the SOS post, but after reading all the stamping you did, I'm even more impressed (if that's even possible). I'm not a stamper at all, so the detail of this just totally blows me away. Great job & thanks for sharing at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and the brads. It looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!