Friday, December 18, 2009

Cocoa Cards for Chris

This, ladies and gents, is the reason I was inspired to tidy up my red scraps. I made a set of these cards as a Christmas gift this year.



I had a few yards of this red striped ribbon that I've been holding on to for I don't know how long. I saw this sample over at SCS and knew I had the perfect use for it! I also had a set of JustRite stamps that I hadn't used yet, and things sort of fell together once I put those two things together! I stamped the images in VersaFine Black, then embossed in clear. I used a red marker to color in the candy cane stripes, then covered the candy canes in Crystal Lacquer. I also used a Stardust Pen on the snowflakes on the mug, and on the top and bottom "rim" of the mug. The silver panel is out of my stash, and the white pieces are embossed with my Cuttlebug. To get the ribbon to gather in the middle, I tied a piece of dental floss around it. Dental floss is very handy when you're trying to tie knots by yourself, since the floss is waxed and sticks to itself! I used a piece of red line tape under where the ribbon is gathered, just so I could keep the folds where I wanted them. I used foam tape for the circle with the sentiment on it, and another piece of foam tape to add the mug on top. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with these!

I used these items:

Something Sweet - JustRite Stamps
VersaFine Black
Clear embossing powder
Nestabilities Petite Scallop Circles
Nestabilities Circles
QuickCutz embossing folder - Snowflake
Martha Stewart marker - Ruby
Gelly Roll pen - Stardust
Crystal Lacquer
Silver, red, and white cardstock scraps
Red striped ribbon
White card bases

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!