Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cards for Soldiers

Here is a project I just finished up on. My work is doing a card drive for the 148th Fighter Wing based out of Duluth MN. Some of them are currently deployed and the goal is to send them blank cards that they can then send to their families. I love projects like this! Not only do we get to give a little thanks for our soldiers, but I also get to use up some of my stash! I also find I have much better card-mojo when I'm working on a project like this. There are a total of 175 cards in the two boxes. The card with two owls and a balloon is one I made in a class here.

I made 70 of the owl cards special for this project, plus a few extra to round the total out to 175. Most of the rest came out of my card stash, but only a few (about a dozen) were cards that I didn't personally make. These were cards I received in swaps that I'm unlikely to use. (And I think my family is getting tired of receiving stacks of cards for Christmas!)

For the owl cards, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Candy Cane Stripes on the blue, and the Cuttlebug folder Snowflakes on the silver piece. The owl is stamped in CTMH Outdoor Denim ink, and then overstamped in Versamark Dazzle Frost ink. The patterned paper is out of my stash, I think it was paper intended for teabag folding and I managed to use 11 whole sheets of it for this project! Yay for stash-usage! I'll deliver these tomorrow afternoon and they'll go overseas sometime soon. Then it's on to my next project; sets of cards for a fundraising auction at work! Thanks for looking! (and thanks to Liz for taking photos!)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!