Tuesday, October 12, 2010

December Daily 2010

I've been a fan of Ali Edwards' blog for a couple of years now, and each year I drool over her December Daily album.  She documents every day in December from the 1st through the 25th, and includes journaling and bits of ephemera in her albums.  They're absolutely FABULOUS!!  Well, after chickening out for two years now, I've decided to take the plunge and get started on mine!

The trick is to get the prep work done well in advance, this way the actual "work" to be done in December is minimal, and this way we can actually ENJOY the month!  Nothing saps a project of the Fun Factor quite like it feeling like Work!

I raided my stash of Christmas Scraps and pulled out a 6x6 acrylic album for my base.  I put together a quick template in Word for the photo pages, but I had a hard time finding a font I loved for the dates in the lower right corner.  I ended up printing them all as blanks, then I'll use my favorite number stamp set to fill in the dates!  Turns out that the number stamps are a perfect fit! 

I'm trying to keep this project very simple so I don't let my "need for perfection" allow me to procrastinate on this until February!  I'll try to get all the base pages done and basic embellishments on, then all I'll have to do is add the photos and journaling.  This is a bigger December than the past few, since the Hubs and I are celebrating a milestone anniversary this year.  I figure I'll do my book from December 1st through 31st, that way I can document our New Years as well.  I told the Hubs that this means I'd like to actually go *DO* some holiday things this year instead of being hermits all winter!  We'll see what kind of "fun" I can con him into!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!