Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Birthday

Here is a card I did for a customer that wanted a fall themed birthday card for her Grandmother. 

I CASE'd this card over at The Ink Trap for the layout, since she's such a big image.  The background paper I chose for the card is also pretty busy, so I  kept the embellishments pretty minimal.  The lace rose was made by gathering the lace ribbon with a needle and thread, then sticking it to a circle of cardstock that was liberally covered with glue dots! 

I've been hoarding these brads for AGES so I figured it would be a classy center to the flower.  The mat paper is a fun shade of bronze from Stardreams (I think) and it matches the dots in the DCWV patterned paper perfectly!  The leaves for the flower were punched using my 2 Step Bird Punch from SU! and the green paper under the lace is border punched with one of my many MS punches.  I was surprised that the scallops in the lace matched the punch exactly!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!