Friday, October 15, 2010

VSN Mini is here!

The VSN Mini kicked off at Splitcoast tonight at 6 pm EST, here's the first card I came up with:

The challenge was to be inspired by three photos of Cloud 9 Design papers.  I just so happen to have a TON of Cloud 9 paper, since it's one of my favorites!  One of the samples to choose from was a sparkly candy cane paper.  I used my favorite Just Right stamp set for the cup and the border sentiment.  This swirl paper is actually from Cloud 9 as well, maybe I should get bonus points! ;)

I used a Martha Steward marker to color in the candy cane, and when I covered it with Crystal Lacquer the color bled a little bit.  The end result reminds me of the cinnamon candy canes my mom used to buy, they were pink and red instead of white and red!  I also used Crystal Lacquer to cover the cup, and used a silver gel pen to color in the snowflakes on the cup.  I used Liquid Applique to create the whipped cream on the top of the mug, and used some of my iRock bling for the bottom corner.  I kept this pretty simple so far as layout is concerned since there's a 45 minute limit, and I put a lot of detail into the focal image.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!