Monday, October 25, 2010

Foxi Oxi Snowflake!

The last challenge for the Mini VSN was to use the Foxi Oxi technique.  You squeeze your ink pads to get a little ink on the lid, then use a waterbrush to "paint" the ink onto a piece of glossy cardstock.  Then you sprinkle OxiClean over the glossy cardstock and spritz it with water to activate it.  Let it sit for about 30 seconds, and it bleaches out a nifty pattern in your painted background!

I bought the OxyClean spray, and I think the granules would have a more obvious effect for this technique.  I stamped the snowflake in Versamark and embossed it with Pearl White embossing powder.  I thought the powder would be more WHITE, but instead it's almost clear!  It's very pretty, but a little plain for photographing.  So I took a sponge and inked up the edges of the snowflake so you could see the detail, and I really love the way the embossing kept the painted background!  The way the ink seperated into different colors is my favorite part of this card.  The matting paper is all silver Stardreams paper, and the two teal patterned papers are the two sides of a single sheet of BoBunny paper.  LOVE that stuff!!  A little help from the Bling Fairy and voila!

Thanks for looking!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!