Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SCS Sketch Challenge

So indexing all these Christmas stamps has me singing Chrismtas Carols, and it's only the beginning of October!  I was browsing through the challenges over at Splitcoast and am a sucker for Sketch challenges, and the Sketch for last week is actually number 300!!!  Hard to believe there's been 300 sketches already!  They're giving a ton of prizes away to the participants, and here's the card I was inspired to make!

I had a hard time figuring out what to use to give this a little more pop; I was trying to bring out a little bit more of the red without making it too powerful.  I embellished a punched snowflake with a grommet-thingy from CTMH.  I'm sure there's a technical term for it!  The snowflake was a little plain without it, but any brads or bling just made it look funny.  This was a little more understated and kept the details of the snowflake! 

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!