Friday, October 22, 2010

i{heart}papers Challenge 3

Thursdays challenge for the i{heart}papers Birthday Bash was to make a card that is a gift card holder!  Here is what I came up with:

I've been mulling over an idea for a gift card holder for a while now, mostly to find a way to use up the leftovers from when made these cards.  I had an 11x4 strip of paper left over for every pop-up card I made, and I experimented with a few folds to finally get this design right. 


I used this weeks Sketch Challenge over at Kenny K's for the layout, and used one of the new digis as well.  I felt pretty guilty about having cut into fresh sheets of 12x12 paper, so I decided to use more of it on this card!  Maybe I'm not such a rebel after all! ;)  The matting paper and snowflakes are all from the same paper I used to mat yesterdays card, this is just the other side of the paper.  I cut the silver circles using my Nesties to layer under the snowflakes, because they seemed to get lost in the busy pattern of the paper. 

I used my Prismas and OMS to color her in, and there are a few tiny touches of a silver pen on her belt, earring, the ribbon on the mistletoe, and parts of the gift bags.  I think I might go back and add some flocking to her coat and boots, and maybe make some sparkle flocking for her hat!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Fun papers and an absolutely darling image! Thanks so much for playing my gift card challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!