Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Technique Challenge: Holly!

The technique for this week over at Splitcoast is You're the Splitting Image.  The technique includes splitting an image into pieces and using them on a card.  I'm STILL indexing my Christmas stamps, so this set is sitting on the top of the pile.  I thought it would make a good image to split apart!

I totally CASEd the Hostess Sample card for the challenge, but what can I say, Toy's card was beautiful and inspired me!  I used my D'Vine Swirl embossing folder for the base piece, and lightly inked with CTMH Chocolate.  The ribbon and the sentiment are also from CTMH, and the holly border is from Hero Arts.  I used my Labels 8 set from Nestabilities for the sentiment, and traced the die onto the green matting paper and cut it out.  Too bad they don't have a Labels 8 and a Half!!  The tiny gold pearls are from my stash, and the card base is my favorite Clove cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous Rachel! I'm practically drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!