Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspired by my Little Man

This weekend while I was stamping for VSN this little guy was causing all sorts of trouble, so I told him to be good or I'd show the world what kind of trouble he gets in to!

So since I was in a very Christmas-y mood for the VSN, I was inspired to break out one of my Fluffles stamps to make a Little Man themed card!  Here's what I came up with:


The challenge for this card was to use the Spotlight Technique to highlighted a portion of the stamped image.  I used grey Fun Flock on the little guy after using a warm grey Prisma pencil to color him in.  The Fun Flock is more of a dove grey, and as you can see the little guy is not so pale.  I also used my Prismas to color in the ornaments and star, but when I added Crystal Lacquer over the top, the colors faded to very pale shades.  I ended up coloring over the Crystal Lacquer with my Bic Mark-It's and I was surprised at how well the color took!  All the papers are scraps from my stash (of course) and I wanted to bring the green matting out so I stamped the tree pot on the green I used for the mats.  It looked a little plain with just the clear embossed outline, so I used my VersaPen and clear embossing powder to highlight the center section of the pot.  One more card off my to do list!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!