Tuesday, January 5, 2010

DIY Light Box

As you may know, I have been looking for ways to improve my lighting situation for photographing cards. I came across this site that had instructions on how to make a light box for free! I scrounged one of my CTMH boxes and some tissue paper to come up with the supplies and set to work. The good news is, I managed to only poke myself twice with the razor blade I was using to cut the cardboard! Woohoo!!

First, locate a box of sufficient size and make sure it passes the "cat scan."

Then cut out three sides of the box, leaving a border at each corner for stability. Also remove two of the flaps on the top of the box. Leave the other two since they can work as a shield for any external light you don't want affecting your photo.

Tape a layer of tissue inside each of the three sides you cut out. This serves to diffuse and reflect the light.


Place your lamp so it shines in one of the papered sides, turn off your flash, and snap away! This is how my photo turned out:
Not too bad! I'll have to keep my eye out for a box that will be big enough to hold a two-page 12x12 layout, but for now this definately improves things!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!