Friday, January 15, 2010

Mr. Slicey Tin

This project was is featured over at Scrap Our Stash for the Frugal Friday tip!  It started out as this snazzy little package of cookies I picked up on clearance from Wally World:

The cookies were horrid, so they went into the trash after one bite.  Not a big loss, since I picked this up for a dollar!  (I actually bought several, I think the cashier thought I was nuts!)  I cut some strips from a half sheet of patterned paper I had in my scrap box, and cut strips slightly wider in solid brown Bazzil for under the striped paper.  I punched the edge of each brown strip with one of my border punches from EK Success and used Red Line tape to make sure they stuck to the tin.  Don't bother with an adhesive runner, it won't stick; found that out the hard way.

Then I cut two label sized pieces for the top of the box, one slightly smaller than the other.  The blue paper is actually the back side of the stripes!  I punched two more small strips of the brown and adhered them to the top and bottom edges of the striped paper, then added the solid blue to the top of that.  I cut the letters out with my new Slice cartridge - Fonts: Essentials.  The flowers are from Prima, and the little metal dot in the center is a self adhesive embellishment from JoAnn.  Bonus Frugal Friday Tip: Prima flowers are usually two layers thick, so if you don't need them to be particularly stiff, peel them apart!  Twice the bang for the buck!

This turned out to be the perfect solution for my Slice accessories.  I took my cartridges and adhered them to the Design Cards with large glue dots, this way they're easy to find!

I used these items:

Tin o'Yucky Cookies - WalMart
Patterned paper - Tres Jolie/My Minds Eye
Fonts: Essentials design cartridge - Making Memories Slice
Brown cardstock - Bazzil
Border Punch - EK Success
Prima Flowers
Metal embellishments - JoAnn
Red Line Tape & Glue Dots

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!