Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Formal Affair

This one came together very quickly.  The challenge was to use the cover of the Aerosmith album Toys in the Attic as inspiration for your layout.  You were to include two photos, have the Aerosmith logo at the top, a title and an embellishment below.


I made copies of these two photos ages ago and they have been sitting in my "Dupes for Scrapping" folder since then.  Back when I started papercrafting I thought I would do four copies of each layout, this way there would be one for my folks, one for each sibling, and one for me.... see how far that got me?  One of the reasons I loved doing the VSBN challenges was that it encouraged me to use photos I already have on hand, rather than going all the way out in the cold to print something off!  Thank you VSBN!!

I really love these two photos.  The one on the left is of my folks at Junior Prom, and the one on the right is 20 years later at a formal party they went to.  I didn't want to add too much embellishment since the paper has so much going on with it, but I thought the green flowers pulled out the colors of Mom's dresses pretty well without being overpowering.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!