Monday, January 18, 2010

VSBN Samples

Here are a couple of pages I did for the challenges at this weekends VSBN:


The this one is for a challenge inspired by the Dead or Alive song You Spin Me Round (Like a Record.)  The requirements were to use a spinner, a large circle, and at least three photos.  The compass in the center of the layout is a spinner that has different phrases beginning with N, S, E, and W.  The one it's set on is Next to Paradise. 

All of the challenges have to be completed within two hours of starting them; the only reason I got this one done in two hours was that I already had the title stamped and cut out!  The photos are from a camping trip to Scenic National Park, so I've been playing with "Scenic Route" for a title idea for quite a while.  The large blue scalloped circle is a Dimensional Element from CTMH.  They start out as white chipboard, and they are so easy to ink up!


This one was for the Turn the Beat Around challenge, where you "remake" someone elses layout.  Much like Vicki Sue Robinson and Gloria Estefan, both did the same song but out their own unique touch on it.  I used a layout from one of the hostesses, Fresshe, and tried to do it justice using my own photos and paper.  Her layout was digital, and I'm not quite that savvy yet. ;) 

I think the most time consuming part was figuring out the measurements for all the photos... oh, and the fact that I actually had to do this LO twice!  Yes, TWICE!!  I was less than 5 minutes from being completely finished with it, and managed to spill a drink all over the whole thing!  I managed to peel off all the photos without damaging them, and adhered them to a new sheet of paper.  The papers are from Basic Grey's Wisteria collection, as well as the letter stickers and bug sticker on the title block.  These were a lot of fun, and I think I've broken past that wall that has kept me from scrapping for so long!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!