Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More VSBN Samples

Here a couple more samples from this weekends scrappy fun!


The challenge for this one was inspired by the Eminem song My Name Is.  The goal was to make a layout about one person or thing and tell a humorous story about them.  I chose my dear Hubs to be the star of this layout.  I'm not sure if he was touched or embarrassed! ;)

The patterned paper was Tres Jolie by My Minds Eye, and all the brown is from Bazzil.  The phrase card is also part of the Tres Jolie collection, and the letters are part of the Color Ready Alphabet from CTMH.  I used the direct to paper technique to get these a dark enough brown to match the cardstock.  I double matted the photo first with cream, then with brown to make it really stand out.




This one was inspired by the John Lennon song Imagine, and the challenge was to use the lyrics to celebrate the goodness of the world around you.  I've always loved this photo, it reminds me to keep my sense of wonder and curiosity at the world around me.  Some days it seems so easy to forget that, and to get discouraged.

I managed to get this one done within two hours, but only because I had all the butterflies already punched out.  I try to punch out as many shapes as I can before tossing even the smallest of scraps, so I have a TON of these little "punchies" floating around.  The butterflies are all that pink fabric paper or velvet paper.  The most time consuming part was adhering all the butterflies using ScorTape, and getting the skittles arranged just so!  These were definately fun to do!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!