Friday, January 22, 2010

Why I LOVE Road Trips!

Here is another of the VSBN Challenges I participated in.  This one was inspired by Stop in the Name of Love and included three requirements; use either a heart or the word Love on your layout, include a road sign, and use the cracked glass technique somewhere on your layout.


The journaling reads, "Since the majority of my Scrapping Sisters live at least three hours away, I spend a lot of time driving.  This means once every few months I pack up the car and hit the road.  I usually start early, stop through a few of my favorite shops, then meet up with the girls.  Views like this and friends like these are worth every mile!"

The paper is either from 29th Street Market or Bohemia, the label was cut off the scrap so I'm not sure which it was.  I made the road sign for Highway 53 using some blank clip art I found online somewhere.  I was in a hurry to get the LO done within the two hour time limit, so I didn't write down which site I found it on.  I did the cracked glass technique on the road sign by inking it with my Versamark pad and then embossing it.  There are 6 or 7 layers of embossing powder on there.  I then put it in the freezer overnight, so it cracked better than I thought it would!  The photo of us girls is from a weekend crop we did over the summer, and the sunrise photo is one I've been meaning to scrap for ages!  Unfortunately, there was one friend who was not able to attend that weekend, so she's not in the picture even though she's one of my main Scrappin Sisters!  (Hi Suze!)

The matting paper is black scraps I had, and the blue is the back side to a paper that coordinates with the stripes.  Everything is inked with Grey Wool from CTMH, and the title was printed off my computer.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Happy Stamping!